We believe that honesty, trust and integrity are fundamental to the successful relation between clients and adviser. Cormorant provides a service for high net worth families and trustees of family trusts, creating and monitoring a strategy for their total wealth, with the objective of maximising tax savings and investment opportunities whilst minimising risks and charges.
Although investments form a large part of what we do, it is important to realise that there is much more to our service than recommending and managing investments. We use our experience and expertise to create, implement and monitor a strategy for you to achieve your objectives. Our service administers and reports on your finances, so the decisions you make are based on the best possible information.
We do not offer just one investment proposition. There are numerous ways of investing money and we work with you and your other advisers in order to find the most suitable solutions.
When we are introduced to a new client, our service follows four key stages:
- The Initial Consultation
- Review and Recommendations
- Monitoring and Reporting
At the initial consultation we will describe our service, the process and the costs so you can decide whether our service is suitable for you. We will discuss your current circumstances, your objectives and future plans. We will ask questions to gain an appreciation of your understanding of risk and reward, types of investments, taxation and other issues.
Should you wish to proceed, we will ask you to sign a Terms of Business and a Fee Agreement.
Review and Recommendations
Following our initial consultation we will prepare a report covering your current financial situation and outlining a strategy to achieve your objectives. We will provide suggestions and specific recommendations for the short, medium and long term. This will include;
Your Current Situation
- Your current financial position, any immediate issues and objectives
- An objective review of asset allocation, structures, risk and performance
- Reviewing your deposit interest rates and other cash savings
- An overview of your income, capital gains and inheritance tax position.
- A review of your situation in retirement
- A review of your wills, beneficiaries and inheritance tax planning
Insurance and Protection Contracts
- Summarising your financial position in the event of death or disability
- Specific initial suggestions to achieve your short, medium and longer term objectives